Friday, January 25, 2013

21 is a large number

I severely underestimated how many multiples of 1, 21 is. (I can't imagine ever doing 75 pull-ups, Annalisa)

Today I went to your xfit website (a link for the friends we've lost) and decided to do Saturdays WOD. Because Friday's wod had a lot of things I felt would look silly on me trying to do at the office gym. Like split jumps. They look like something out of a dance video. And I have horrible rowing form. Lots of excuses I know...

1 mile < 10 min warmup

3 rounds for time:
21 thrusters 45#
21 burpees (with push ups - pancakes - push ups again)
21 kettlebell swings 25# DB

19:00
HR ~180

My thoughts: omg. wow. 21 is such a large number!! never have I ever done thrusters. they are way harder when in sets of 21!!! it's been over 2 months since last I lifted something more than 12 reps. wow. I did not expect this to be as hard as it was. hahaha this is what I get for not doing a real xfit wod for such a long period of time. I also only realized now that this was only the conditioning part of the workout. and I didn't read about the 7 min of snatches. whoops.

13min abs
30min casual elliptical chat with a guy who likes to talk a lot (reminds me of elliptical man at the omac who wore a headband and wouldn't stop talking but was old so I felt like I had to humor him for hours)

more thoughts: leg lifts are way harder with no hands under my butt. I also lose about ~1# every workout. typically 140-142ish before and 139-140 after! I have not elliptical-ed for that long since 10th grade high school gym class.

FOOD:
bfast and lunch the usual: bagel for bfast and last night's leftovers for lunch.
dinner: pineapple, mixed rices, seaweed, buddha's fist melon / chayote, leftover eggplant & beets, leftover chicken bits and spiced pork, same soup with winter melons again. delicious mmm



No comments:

Post a Comment