Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1/18-1/21

Dear EmHsieh,

It's so saad that we've lost our friends. Still-- this is motivating me to workout on weekends and eat better, so I say we keep it up.

Congrats on powering through those long and complex workouts. I can't do that much anymore.

I went to NC this weekend

and didn't workout in the strict sense, but I'll document below.


1/18/2013

Woulda gone to the gym in the morning for the banded jerk progressions, but had to do apartment/lease stuff

Food:
2 Eggs and toast for bfast, coffee
Turkey sandwich and carrot sticks for lunch
A few oreos, a lot of good and plenty and a bite of milky way (airport snacks)
A massive burger with fried clam strips and bacon on it, french fries, 2 pints some delicious stout

1/19/2013

Workout:
3-4 mile river hike with goat, assorted dogs and humans
intense fooseball playing

Food:
Coffee, 1/2 banana and chocolate chip muffin
1/3 6 egg mushroom, spinach, swiss and onion scramble, toast, many strawberries
3 amazing tacos, rice and beans and chips and salsa
1 Hickory (think BBQ) porter, 1 sweet potato ale, 1/2 honey ale
1 left hand milk stout, 1/4 plate garlic fries, 1/4 plate nachos

1/20/2013

Workout:
Casual frisbee, handstands, horsing around


Food:
Coffee, Oreos
3 homemade cranberry scones, lots of fresh pineapple chunks, 3 egg scramble with mushrooms, spinach, cheddar and avacado and tomato on top, coffee
Orange
Chips and guac
"Hobo dinner" = meat chunks and veggie chunks with dale's sauce wrapped up in tinfoil and thrown in the bonfire, 1 tall-boy Gansett

1/21/2013
Workout:
3 hours of moving bricks
Casual frisbee and handstands

Food:
2 leftover scones, coffee, 1 banana
After moving the bricks, we were hungry--- we wanted to go to this place in Durham: Dame's chicken and waffles, but they said there was a 45 min wait-- so we went down the block and had a first round
Lunch #1: 1 sandwich with cured salmon, pickled onions, watercress and lemon aioli
Lunch #2: 2 legs fried chicken on a classic waffle with blueberry schmear ( yeah, I ate it all)
Airport Beer: some dark seasonal thing, big girl cup
And then our flight was delayed 4 hours
Dinner: Some BBQ beef, baked beans, mac and cheese, and cornbread, and 2.5 more beers -- hit up all 3 bars in the terminal because we had the time

And it looks like because of work, I won't be able to make it to the gym today :(

And tomorrow will be deathly (the workouts posted).
I'm ready for an ass kicking.

2 comments:

  1. hahah Dear Annalisa,

    I can only do those workouts because I paid for the gym membership and am stingy/cheap so I must get my money's worth and never skip!

    I like your Casual frisbee, handstands, and horsing around workouts! Sounds like fun! I only do repetitive strength-gym-workouts...

    I like all those pics too! You look kind of like a giant next to Thal in the first one. Adria reminded me this weekend that she was 180+ and had a really epic/intimidating whippy long braid. haha

    hobo dinner, oreos, delicious stout all sound delicious! airport snacks haha... and i like that you hit up all the bars. You're really good at reporting your foods!

    ReplyDelete